Sending Your Files!
Welcome aboard! Sending us your files is easy! Follow these simple steps!
Prepare Your Images
- Before you import images into your LR catalog, create a "Collection" for the shoot. If it's a wedding, it may be something like, "John-Jane-MAIN".
- Import the images from your shoot into your LR catalog. You can have LR automatically place the images into the collection you created in step 1 by checking the "Add to Collection" box, then selecting from the list the catalog you created.
- Click Import.
- Next, create a "Collection Set" for the shoot. For example, if you're a wedding photographer, the title of your set may be "060118 John + Jane". This naming convention keeps the Collections panel organized.
- Now, drag and drop the Collection ("John-Jane-MAIN") into the Collection Set ("060118 John + Jane"), so that the Collection is a subdirectory of the Set.
Upload Your Files
- Right-click your Collection Set and select "Export this Collection Set as a Catalog..."
- Specify the name and location of the exported collection.
- For the checkboxes at the bottom of the export dialog:
- UNCHECK "Export Negative Files"
- CHECK "Build Smart Previews"
- CHECK "Include Available Previews"
- Click Export Catalog.
You can then upload the folder of assets to the private Dropbox folder we've sent you. Now, since you're not culling and editing, you can take advantage of all the free time you'll have!